Welcome to my new website! Here are some fun facts about me and my rabbitry:
1. I am a Youth breeder of Holland Lops. I am registered with ARBA, and my rabbitry is too. I am also a member of the Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club (HLRSC) and a member of 4-H.
2. My first rabbit was a Broken Chocolate Holland Lop doe named Gorgeous. I got her for Christmas when she was 8 weeks old. I had wanted a rabbit for a long time, and had set my heart on getting a 'brown and white girl lop rabbit'. I got my wish, and I've been addicted to Holland Lops ever since!
3. My favorite color of Holland Lop is Broken Blue Otter. Honestly, I love any form of Otter, and I also love Broken Orange, Blue Tort and Smoke Pearl. :)
4. I have a small rabbitry, and I like it that way. Quality before quantity, I always say! I have just enough cages to keep and breed only the very best, so why waste time and feed on raising lesser quality animals?
5. I lead a 4-H rabbit and cavy project! Members of our project have gone on to win top placings in county and statewide events!
6. I really love genetics, and I love learning more about it in my textbooks, and in real life with my rabbit hobby. This is one of the many reasons why I love breeding colored Hollands!
7. I fully support both ethical rescues and responsible breeders, I believe there is no either-or. Ethical rescues do amazing work, and responsible breeders produce high-quality animals with strong genetics and excellent temperaments!
8. Two years ago, I got 2nd place Small Animal Master Showman in the state of California! It was so much fun, and such a huge honor! I would definitely recommend competing if you ever get the opportunity!
9. My favorite rabbit I currently own is my Black Otter herd buck, Diegel's Titanium, who is from Tommy Diegel. Titanium is an incredibly friendly rabbit, and passes on his awesome structure, color, and temperament to his kits!
10. I also love training my dog!
Leave a Reply.
A Little Bit About us...
Lots of Lops Rabbitry is an ARBA registered Rabbitry raising quality Holland Lop rabbits of excellent conformation and color to the Standard of Perfection. Feel free to check out my blog for frequent updates on my rabbits. :)